I remember when I was info-binging and trying to consume every magic pill available. I was signing up to E.V.E.R.Y. training, following every coach, and wondering what magic juice they were slurping up to be able to stand in their power, show up authentically, and rock it.
If I'm being honest, I also hired quite a few coaches hoping they would give me their secret answers and I would skyrocket to the top! (you've done the same, c'mon, admit it)...well, that never happened. Because I wasn't in the one mindset that makes the most difference:
"I am responsible: for myself, my actions, my mindset, what I create, my perspectives, my feelings, my consistency, etc."
That's it. And you may be thinking, "okay, Alex, I know that, big deal". But KNOWING it and LIVING it are two different things.
Here's the thing: a lot of people I speak to really struggle with responsibility because they've (rightfully) associated it with kids, billz, 9-5 jobs, demands from your boss, cleaning the house, and so on and so forth.
So when you get into business for yourself (at the urging of the "freedom lifestyle promises"), it's an easy thing to overlook. In fact, our resentment for responsibility often lies in our subconscious mind. You don't even know you hate responsibility until it creeps up in your life in unsuspecting ways.
Here are a few questions to ask yourself to start to excavate your mind and see what your relationship to responsibility is:
1. When I say RESPONSIBILITY, what are the first few words that come up? Are the positive or negative? Are they fun or heavy? Are they exciting or zzzzzz...?
2. What was the last thing you complained about? (messy house? something not working in your biz?) What was ONE action you could have taken instead of complaining?
3. What's one action you know you could be taking, but you're not? What's the result you WANT and the one you're AFRAID of?
4. What do you feel out of control within your biz right now?
5. What part of myself am I denying right now?
Let yourself explore those and see what comes up. Once you change your relationship to responsibility and take action from that place, you'll be unstoppable, love!
You're the magic pill.